dark chocolate fruit and nut bark
recipe by laura tilt
extract from “from beder’s kitchen” (buy here)
preparation time: 30 minutes cooking time: 5-10 minutes serves 6 or more
This is a delicious sweet snack which offers some heart-healthy fats and fibre, It’s also incredibly fun to make!
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Using a sharp knife, chop up the chocolate, place it into a bowl and gently melt over a pan of simmering water.
- Take the bowl off the heat when about 70% of the chocolate has melted, then stuir continuously until completely melted.
- Pour the chocolate on to the prepared baking tray and carefully spread it out towards the edges with a palette knife. If you’re using peanut butter, soften it slightly or stir until it is runny. Add blobs of peanut butter to the chocolate and use a knife to swirl them together.
- Roughly chop the nuts then scatter the nuts and dried fruit evenly over the top of the chocolate.
- Refrigerate the bark for about 15 minutes until hardened.
- Finally, invert the bark onto a chopping board, remove the parchment paper, break into pieces and store or serve.
lauren tilt (@nutritilty)
“Mental health is something we have; it’s a continuum. We’re all on it, just at different places, and our position changes throughout our lives. Learning about our mental health, what helps to keep us balanced, and having people to talk to about how we feel is really important. Having struggled with depression twice in my life, I know that it takes incredible strength to get through the dark days, when it feels like the lights have been turned out. If you’re struggling, please know you’re not alone; help is available and you can recover and feel like you again.”