15 minute vegan pad thai
recipe by james wythe
extract from “from beder’s kitchen” (buy here)
preparation time: 5 minutes cooking time: 10 minutes serves 2
This quick and easy meal is absolutely rammed full of colour and flavour. You will be shocked that it's actually free from gluten, dairy, egg and refined sugar! If you enjoy Thai food, then you're going to absolutely love this recipe.
- Firstly heat a pan with the sesame oil, then add the red onion, garlic and chilli and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Now add the broccoli and red pepper, then fry for another 5 minutes until they've softened.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice noodles according to the packet instructions and prepare the sauce by mixing the sesame oil, maple syrup, tamari and miso in a small bowl until smooth.
- Add most of the beansprouts to the pan along with the crushed peanuts, lime juice and your sauce. Stir everything together and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Finally, add the noodles to the pan and toss them through the vegetables, letting them soak up all that sauce.
- I like to serve my pad thai with the remaining crunchy beansprouts on top plus extra chopped chilli, wedges of lime and crushed peanuts for garnish. The rest will keep for lunch the next day if you are cooking for just one!
james wythe (@healthylivingjames)
“Cooking has helped me through my tough times with illness; it's been my safe place and reduces my thoughts about other areas of life. I also take part in hobbies such as golf and light exercise, which help to relieve stress for me. However, it's ok to not always be on top form. Failing is part of improving.”